What Are the 2019 Volkswagen Atlas MPG Ratings?
Drivers are often pleasantly surprised by the Volkswagen Atlas MPG figures. It’s easy to assume a three-row SUV with up to 96.8 cubic feet of cargo space is going to drink down plenty of fuel. Nevertheless, the VW Atlas defies those expectations with great efficiency, whether you’re zipping through the city or cruising on the highway, so read on to explore:
- Volkswagen Atlas Engine Options
- Volkswagen Atlas Power and MPG Specs
- Volkswagen Atlas Performance Features
Volkswagen Atlas MPG and Power
The new VW Atlas can appeal to families whether they’re looking for generous power as standard or the more thrilling performance that comes with an available V6. Here’s how output and efficiency specs compare between the vehicle’s two engines:
- 2.0L Turbo Four-Cylinder: Delivers up to 235 hp and 258 lb-ft of torque while achieving up to an EPA-estimated 20 mpg in the city and 26 mpg on the highway.
- 3.6L V6: Delivers up to 267 hp and 266 lb-ft of torque while achieving up to an EPA-estimated 17 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.
Volkswagen Atlas Performance Features
Edmunds.com comments that the 2019 VW Atlas, “feels light, quick and precise, but it also manages to avoid feeling disconnected like so many overboosted steering systems.” That kind of responsive ride is owed to several high-end performance features, with highlights including:
- 8-Speed Automatic Transmission with Tiptronic® and Sport Mode: Having eight transmission speeds ensures pitch perfect efficiency and performance whether cruising at speed on the highway between Astoria and Flushing or crawling through Bayside traffic.
- 4MOTION® with Active Control: The turn of a dial lets you switch between four different all-wheel-drive modes to adapt around changing weather and road conditions for maximum stability and dependable traction. Drive modes include Dry, Rainy, Snowy, and Rough.
When you want to tow trailers, boats, or ATVs, a properly equipped VW Atlas will live up to its name by towing up to 5,000 lbs.
Expect Exceptional Fuel-Efficiency from the 2019 Volkswagen Atlas
Whether offering more cargo space than the Honda Pilot or delivering better efficiency scores than you might expect from such an accommodating SUV, the critically-acclaimed Volkswagen Atlas seldom fails to impress. Contact us today to find out more or feel free to visit our showroom in Woodside.
More from Long Island City Volkswagen
The 2019 Volkswagen Golf GTI hot hatch is known for its powerful performance and spacious cabin, which are likely the features that initially drew you to yours! What you may not know, however, is that you can make your driving experience even more special with OEM VW Golf GTI accessories for the exterior and interior….
Drivers are often pleasantly surprised by the Volkswagen Atlas MPG figures. It’s easy to assume a three-row SUV with up to 96.8 cubic feet of cargo space is going to drink down plenty of fuel. Nevertheless, the VW Atlas defies those expectations with great efficiency, whether you’re zipping through the city or cruising on the…
The interior of the 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan provides the comfort and features you need to make your daily Flushing commute as smooth as possible. From convenience features to cutting-edge technology, you certainly can’t go wrong with the new Tiguan. Learn more about this compact SUV’s interior features today at Long Island City Volkswagen. Learn MoreContact Us Interior Design…